Related occupations for task:
Fill oil cups, adjust valves, and observe gauges to control flow of metal coolants and lubricants onto workpieces.
||Cooling and Freezing Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Monitor pressure gauges, ammeters, flowmeters, thermometers, or products, and adjust controls to maintain specified conditions, such as feed rate, product consistency, temperature, air pressure, and machine speed.
- Activate mechanical rakes to regulate flow of ice from storage bins to vats.
||Food Cooking Machine Operators and Tenders
- Observe gauges, dials, and product characteristics, and adjust controls to maintain appropriate temperature, pressure, and flow of ingredients.
- Admit required amounts of water, steam, cooking oils, or compressed air into equipment, such as by opening water valves to cool mixtures to the desired consistency.
||Pourers and Casters, Metal
- Read temperature gauges and observe color changes, adjusting furnace flames, torches, or electrical heating units as necessary to melt metal to specifications.
- Turn valves to circulate water through cores, or spray water on filled molds to cool and solidify metal.
||Metal-Refining Furnace Operators and Tenders
- Regulate supplies of fuel and air, or control flow of electric current and water coolant to heat furnaces and adjust temperatures.
- Observe air and temperature gauges or metal color and fluidity, and turn fuel valves or adjust controls to maintain required temperatures.
||Computer Numerically Controlled Tool Operators
See more related occupations >>