||Cutting and Slicing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Set up, operate, or tend machines that cut or slice materials, such as glass, stone, cork, rubber, tobacco, food, paper, or insulating material.
- Press buttons, pull levers, or depress pedals to start and operate cutting and slicing machines.
- Start machines to verify setups, and make any necessary adjustments.
- Adjust machine controls to alter position, alignment, speed, or pressure.
- Tighten pulleys or add abrasives to maintain cutting speeds.
||Textile Knitting and Weaving Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Examine looms to determine causes of loom stoppage, such as warp filling, harness breaks, or mechanical defects.
- Inspect machinery to determine whether repairs are needed.
||Cutters and Trimmers, Hand
- Lower table-mounted cutters such as knife blades, cutting wheels, or saws to cut items to specified sizes.
- Route items to provide cutouts for parts, using portable routers, grinders, and hand tools.
||Sawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Wood
- Guide workpieces against saws, saw over workpieces by hand, or operate automatic feeding devices to guide cuts.
- Pull tables back against stops and depress pedals to advance cutterheads that shape stock ends.
||Fiberglass Laminators and Fabricators
- Check all dies, templates, and cutout patterns to be used in the manufacturing process to ensure that they conform to dimensional data, photographs, blueprints, samples, or customer specifications.
- Inspect, clean, and assemble molds before beginning work.