Related occupations for task:
Regulate supplies of fuel and air, or control flow of electric current and water coolant to heat furnaces and adjust temperatures.
||Solderers and Brazers
- Adjust electric current and timing cycles of resistance welding machines to heat metals to bonding temperature.
- Turn valves to start flow of gases and light flames and adjust valves to obtain desired colors and sizes of flames.
- Turn dials to set intensity and duration of ultrasonic impulses, according to work order specifications.
||Stationary Engineers and Boiler Operators
- Activate valves to maintain required amounts of water in boilers, to adjust supplies of combustion air, and to control the flow of fuel into burners.
- Adjust controls and/or valves on equipment to provide power, and to regulate and set operations of system or industrial processes.
||Pourers and Casters, Metal
- Turn valves to circulate water through cores, or spray water on filled molds to cool and solidify metal.
||Food Cooking Machine Operators and Tenders
- Admit required amounts of water, steam, cooking oils, or compressed air into equipment, such as by opening water valves to cool mixtures to the desired consistency.
||Cooling and Freezing Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Activate mechanical rakes to regulate flow of ice from storage bins to vats.
See more related occupations >>