||Cutting and Slicing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Remove defective or substandard materials from machines, and readjust machine components so that products meet standards.
- Select and install machine components, such as cutting blades, rollers, and templates, according to specifications, using hand tools.
- Type instructions on computer keyboards, push buttons to activate computer programs, or manually set cutting guides, clamps, and knives.
- Change or replace saw blades, cables, cutter heads, and grinding wheels, using hand tools.
- Position width gauge blocks between blades, and level blades and insert wedges into frames to secure blades to frames.
||Etchers and Engravers
- Adjust depths and sizes of cuts by adjusting heights of worktables, or by adjusting machine-arm gauges.
- Set reduction scales to attain specified sizes of reproduction on workpieces, and set pantograph controls for required heights, depths, and widths of cuts.
- Start machines and lower cutting tools to beginning points on patterns.
- Insert cutting tools or bits into machines and secure them with wrenches.
- Observe actions of cutting tools through microscopes and adjust stylus movement to ensure accurate reproduction.
||Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Install, align, and lock specified punches, dies, cutting blades, or other fixtures in rams or beds of machines, using gauges, templates, feelers, shims, and hand tools.
- Turn controls to set cutting speeds, feed rates, or table angles for specified operations.
- Set blade tensions, heights, and angles to perform prescribed cuts, using wrenches.
- Select, clean, and install spacers, rubber sleeves, or cutters on arbors.
||Milling and Planing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Select cutting speeds, feed rates, and depths of cuts, applying knowledge of metal properties and shop mathematics.
- Move controls to set cutting specifications, to position cutting tools and workpieces in relation to each other, and to start machines.
- Select and install cutting tools and other accessories according to specifications, using hand tools or power tools.
- Mount attachments and tools, such as pantographs, engravers, or routers, to perform other operations, such as drilling or boring.
||Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Except Sawing
- Adjust machine tables or cutting devices and set controls on machines to produce specified cuts or operations.
- Install and adjust blades, cutterheads, boring-bits, or sanding-belts, using hand tools and rules.
- Change alignment and adjustment of sanding, cutting, or boring machine guides to prevent defects in finished products, using hand tools.
- Attach and adjust guides, stops, clamps, chucks, or feed mechanisms, using hand tools.