||Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Assemble, align, and clamp workpieces into holding fixtures to bond, heat-treat, or solder fabricated metal components.
- Set up, operate, or tend welding machines that join or bond components to fabricate metal products or assemblies.
- Lay out, fit, or connect parts to be bonded, calculating production measurements as necessary.
- Correct problems by adjusting controls or by stopping machines and opening holding devices.
- Tend auxiliary equipment used in welding processes.
- Start, monitor, and adjust robotic welding production lines.
||Aircraft Structure, Surfaces, Rigging, and Systems Assemblers
- Assemble parts, fittings, or subassemblies on aircraft, using layout tools, hand tools, power tools, or fasteners, such as bolts, screws, rivets, or clamps.
- Fabricate parts needed for assembly or installation, using shop machinery or equipment.
- Assemble prefabricated parts to form subassemblies.
- Assemble prototypes or integrated-technology demonstrators of new or emerging environmental technologies for aircraft.
- Weld tubing and fittings or solder cable ends, using tack-welders, induction brazing chambers, or other equipment.
||Precious Metal Workers
- Wire parts such as legs, spouts, and handles to article bodies in preparation for soldering.
- Glue plastic separators to handles of coffeepots and teapots.
||Model Makers, Metal and Plastic
- Align, fit, and join parts, using bolts and screws or by welding or gluing.
- Assemble mechanical, electrical, and electronic components into models or prototypes, using hand tools, power tools, and fabricating machines.
||Structural Metal Fabricators and Fitters
- Position, align, fit, and weld parts to form complete units or subunits, following blueprints and layout specifications, and using jigs, welding torches, and hand tools.
- Tack-weld fitted parts together.