||Aircraft Structure, Surfaces, Rigging, and Systems Assemblers
- Assemble parts, fittings, or subassemblies on aircraft, using layout tools, hand tools, power tools, or fasteners, such as bolts, screws, rivets, or clamps.
- Fabricate parts needed for assembly or installation, using shop machinery or equipment.
- Assemble prefabricated parts to form subassemblies.
- Position and align subassemblies in jigs or fixtures, using measuring instruments and following blueprint lines and index points.
- Assemble prototypes or integrated-technology demonstrators of new or emerging environmental technologies for aircraft.
- Align, fit, assemble, connect, or install system components, using jigs, fixtures, measuring instruments, hand tools, or power tools.
||Layout Workers, Metal and Plastic
- Fit and align fabricated parts to be welded or assembled.
- Locate center lines and verify template positions, using measuring instruments such as gauge blocks, height gauges, and dial indicators.
- Lay out and fabricate metal structural parts such as plates, bulkheads, and frames.
||Structural Metal Fabricators and Fitters
- Align and fit parts according to specifications, using jacks, turnbuckles, wedges, drift pins, pry bars, and hammers.
- Position, align, fit, and weld parts to form complete units or subunits, following blueprints and layout specifications, and using jigs, welding torches, and hand tools.
- Lay out and examine metal stock or workpieces to be processed to ensure that specifications are met.
||Precious Metal Workers
- Position and align auxiliary parts in jigs and join parts, using solder and blowtorches.
- Wire parts such as legs, spouts, and handles to article bodies in preparation for soldering.
- Glue plastic separators to handles of coffeepots and teapots.
||Timing Device Assemblers and Adjusters
- Assemble and install components of timepieces to complete mechanisms, using watchmakers' tools and loupes.
- Adjust sizes or positioning of timepiece parts to achieve specified fit or function, using calipers, fixtures, and loupes.
- Mount hairsprings and balance wheel assemblies between jaws of truing calipers.