Related occupations for task:
Connect and turn regulator valves to activate and adjust gas flow and pressure so that desired flames are obtained.
||Metal-Refining Furnace Operators and Tenders
- Regulate supplies of fuel and air, or control flow of electric current and water coolant to heat furnaces and adjust temperatures.
- Observe air and temperature gauges or metal color and fluidity, and turn fuel valves or adjust controls to maintain required temperatures.
||Solderers and Brazers
- Turn valves to start flow of gases and light flames and adjust valves to obtain desired colors and sizes of flames.
||Heat Treating Equipment Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Move controls to light gas burners and to adjust gas and water flow and flame temperature.
||Stationary Engineers and Boiler Operators
- Activate valves to maintain required amounts of water in boilers, to adjust supplies of combustion air, and to control the flow of fuel into burners.
||Gas Plant Operators
- Adjust temperature, pressure, vacuum, level, flow rate, or transfer of gas to maintain processes at required levels or to correct problems.
See all 7 related occupations >>