||Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Clean and lubricate machines.
- Grind out burrs or sharp edges, using portable grinders, speed lathes, or polishing jacks.
- Select, clean, and install spacers, rubber sleeves, or cutters on arbors.
- Sharpen dulled blades, using bench grinders, abrasive wheels, or lathes.
||Grinding, Lapping, Polishing, and Buffing Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Move machine controls to index workpieces, and to adjust machines for pre-selected operational settings.
- Activate machine start-up switches to grind, lap, hone, debar, shear, or cut workpieces, according to specifications.
- Set up, operate, or tend grinding and related tools that remove excess material or burrs from surfaces, sharpen edges or corners, or buff, hone, or polish metal or plastic workpieces.
- Set and adjust machine controls according to product specifications, using knowledge of machine operation.
||Extruding and Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Synthetic and Glass Fibers
- Remove excess, entangled, or completed filaments from machines, using hand tools.
- Remove polymer deposits from spinnerettes and equipment, using silicone spray, brass chisels, and bronze-wool pads.
- Clean and maintain extruding and forming machines, using hand tools.
- Wipe finish rollers with cloths and wash finish trays with water when necessary.
||Crushing, Grinding, and Polishing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Move controls to start, stop, or adjust machinery and equipment that crushes, grinds, polishes, or blends materials.
- Clean, adjust, and maintain equipment, using hand tools.
- Set mill gauges to specified fineness of grind.
||Tool and Die Makers
- Set up and operate conventional or computer numerically controlled machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, or grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes.
- File, grind, shim, and adjust different parts to properly fit them together.
- Smooth and polish flat and contoured surfaces of parts or tools, using scrapers, abrasive stones, files, emery cloths, or power grinders.