Related occupations for task:
Melt lead bars, wire, or scrap to add lead to joints or to extrude melted scrap into reusable form.
||Solderers and Brazers
- Melt and apply solder along adjoining edges of workpieces to solder joints, using soldering irons, gas torches, or electric-ultrasonic equipment.
- Melt and apply solder to fill holes, indentations, or seams of fabricated metal products, using soldering equipment.
- Melt and separate brazed or soldered joints to remove and straighten damaged or misaligned components, using hand torches, irons, or furnaces.
- Place solder bars into containers and turn knobs to specified positions to melt solder and regulate its temperature.
- Weigh, mix, and melt metal alloys or materials needed for jewelry models.
- Melt and roll out metal into sheets or bars, and stamp out jewelry such as gold and silver chains, using presses or dies.
||Painting, Coating, and Decorating Workers
- Melt or heat coating materials to specified temperatures.
||Glass Blowers, Molders, Benders, and Finishers
- Place electrodes in tube ends and heat them with glass burners to fuse them into place.
||Furnace, Kiln, Oven, Drier, and Kettle Operators and Tenders
- Melt or refine metal before casting, calculating required temperatures, and observe metal color, adjusting controls as necessary to maintain required temperatures.
See all 7 related occupations >>