Related occupations for task:
Join parts such as beams and steel reinforcing rods in buildings, bridges, and highways, bolting and riveting as necessary.
||Aircraft Structure, Surfaces, Rigging, and Systems Assemblers
- Attach brackets, hinges, or clips to secure or support components or subassemblies, using bolts, screws, rivets, chemical bonding, or welding.
- Join structural assemblies, such as wings, tails, or fuselage.
- Manually install structural assemblies or signal crane operators to position assemblies for joining.
- Weld tubing and fittings or solder cable ends, using tack-welders, induction brazing chambers, or other equipment.
- Fit and fasten sheet metal coverings to surface areas or other sections of aircraft prior to welding or riveting.
||Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Set up, operate, or tend welding machines that join or bond components to fabricate metal products or assemblies.
- Correct problems by adjusting controls or by stopping machines and opening holding devices.
- Tend auxiliary equipment used in welding processes.
- Start, monitor, and adjust robotic welding production lines.
||Structural Metal Fabricators and Fitters
- Position, align, fit, and weld parts to form complete units or subunits, following blueprints and layout specifications, and using jigs, welding torches, and hand tools.
- Tack-weld fitted parts together.
- Assemble machines, and bolt, weld, rivet, or otherwise fasten them to foundation or other structures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Weld, repair, and fabricate equipment or machinery.
- Cut and weld steel, using underwater welding equipment, jigs, and supports.
See more related occupations >>