Related occupations for task:
Repair or replace damaged equipment.
||Computer-Controlled Machine Tool Operators, Metal and Plastic
- Remove and replace dull cutting tools.
- Adjust machine feed and speed, change cutting tools, or adjust machine controls when automatic programming is faulty or if machines malfunction.
- Maintain machines and remove and replace broken or worn machine tools, using hand tools.
||Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and make minor repairs to equipment.
- Replace worn dies when products vary from specifications.
||Multiple Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Change worn machine accessories, such as cutting tools or brushes, using hand tools.
- Make minor electrical and mechanical repairs and adjustments to machines and notify supervisors when major service is required.
||Stationary Engineers and Boiler Operators
- Perform or arrange for repairs, such as complete overhauls, replacement of defective valves, gaskets, or bearings, or fabrication of new parts.
- Provide assistance to plumbers in repairing or replacing water, sewer, or waste lines, and in daily maintenance activities.
||Inspectors, Testers, Sorters, Samplers, and Weighers
- Clean, maintain, calibrate, or repair measuring instruments or test equipment, such as dial indicators, fixed gauges, or height gauges.
- Adjust, clean, or repair products or processing equipment to correct defects found during inspections.
See more related occupations >>