Related occupations for task:
Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources, verifying instructions and routes.
||Railroad Conductors and Yardmasters
- Review schedules, switching orders, way bills, and shipping records to obtain cargo loading and unloading information and to plan work.
- Confirm routes and destination information for freight cars.
- Verify accuracy of timekeeping instruments with engineers to ensure trains depart on time.
||Crane and Tower Operators
- Determine load weights and check them against lifting capacities to prevent overload.
- Review daily work or delivery schedules to determine orders, sequences of deliveries, or special loading instructions.
||Mine Shuttle Car Operators
- Measure, weigh, or verify levels of rock, gravel, or other excavated material to prevent equipment overloads.
- Read written instructions or confer with supervisors about schedules and materials to be moved.
||First-Line Supervisors of Transportation and Material-Moving Machine and Vehicle Operators
- Review orders, production schedules, blueprints, or shipping or receiving notices to determine work sequences and material shipping dates, types, volumes, or destinations.
- Maintain or verify records of time, materials, expenditures, or crew activities.
||Light Truck or Delivery Services Drivers
- Verify the contents of inventory loads against shipping papers.
See all 19 related occupations >>