Related occupations for task:
Observe yard traffic to determine tracks available to accommodate inbound and outbound traffic.
||Bridge and Lock Tenders
- Observe position and progress of vessels to ensure best use of lock spaces or bridge opening spaces.
- Observe approaching vessels to determine size and speed, and listen for whistle signals indicating desire to pass.
- Raise drawbridges and observe passage of water traffic or lower drawbridges and raise automobile gates.
- Maintain and guard stations in bridges to check waterways for boat traffic.
||Air Traffic Controllers
- Monitor or direct the movement of aircraft within an assigned air space or on the ground at airports to minimize delays and maximize safety.
- Monitor aircraft within a specific airspace, using radar, computer equipment, or visual references.
- Check conditions and traffic at different altitudes in response to pilots' requests for altitude changes.
||Tank Car, Truck, and Ship Loaders
- Observe positions of cars passing loading spouts, and swing spouts into the correct positions at the appropriate times.
||Subway and Streetcar Operators
- Monitor lights indicating obstructions or other trains ahead and watch for car and truck traffic at crossings to stay alert to potential hazards.
||Parking Enforcement Workers
- Mark tires of parked vehicles with chalk and record time of marking, and return at regular intervals to ensure that parking time limits are not exceeded.
See all 7 related occupations >>