Related occupations for task:
Supervise workers in the inspection and maintenance of mechanical equipment to ensure efficient and safe train operation.
||Captains, Mates, and Pilots of Water Vessels
- Direct or coordinate crew members or workers performing activities such as loading or unloading cargo, steering vessels, operating engines, or operating, maintaining, or repairing ship equipment.
- Supervise crews in cleaning or maintaining decks, superstructures, or bridges.
||Gas Compressor and Gas Pumping Station Operators
- Respond to problems by adjusting control room equipment or instructing other personnel to adjust equipment at problem locations or in other control areas.
- Supervise marine engine technicians engaged in the maintenance or repair of mechanical or electrical marine vessels, and inspect their work to ensure that it is performed properly.
||Tank Car, Truck, and Ship Loaders
- Remove and replace tank car dome caps, or direct other workers in their removal and replacement.
||Sailors and Marine Oilers
- Give directions to crew members engaged in cleaning wheelhouses or quarterdecks.