Related occupations for task:
Manipulate controls, levers, and valves to start pumps, auxiliary equipment, or conveyors, and to adjust equipment positions, speeds, timing, and material flows.
||Gas Compressor and Gas Pumping Station Operators
- Respond to problems by adjusting control room equipment or instructing other personnel to adjust equipment at problem locations or in other control areas.
- Adjust valves and equipment to obtain specified performance.
- Move controls and turn valves to start compressor engines, pumps, and auxiliary equipment.
- Operate power-driven pumps that transfer liquids, semi-liquids, gases, or powdered materials.
- Turn knobs or switches to regulate pressures.
- Operate engines and pumps to shut off wells according to production schedules, and to switch flow of oil into storage tanks.
- Start compressor engines and divert oil from storage tanks into compressor units and auxiliary equipment to recover natural gas from oil.
- Open valves to return compressed gas to bottoms of specified wells to repressurize them and force oil to surface.
- Control pumping and blending equipment to acidize, cement, or fracture gas or oil wells and permeable rock formations.
||Loading Machine Operators, Underground Mining
- Operate levers to move conveyor booms or shovels so that mine contents such as coal, rock, and ore can be placed into cars or onto conveyors.
- Advance machines to gather material and convey it into cars.
- Start conveyor booms and gathering-arm motors, and operate winches to position cars under boom conveyors for loading.
- Pump water to clear machinery pipelines.
- Direct or assist workers placing shore anchors and cables, laying additional pipes from dredges to shore, and pumping water from pontoons.
||Machine Feeders and Offbearers
- Push dual control buttons and move controls to start, stop, or adjust machinery and equipment.
- Open and close gates of belt and pneumatic conveyors on machines that are fed directly from preceding machines.
See all 13 related occupations >>