Related occupations for task:
Observe conveyor operations and monitor lights, dials, and gauges to maintain specified operating levels and to detect equipment malfunctions.
||Crane and Tower Operators
- Inspect and adjust crane mechanisms or lifting accessories to prevent malfunctions or damage.
- Inspect cables or grappling devices for wear and install or replace cables, as needed.
||Gas Compressor and Gas Pumping Station Operators
- Monitor meters and pressure gauges to determine consumption rate variations, temperatures, and pressures.
- Read gas meters, and maintain records of the amounts of gas received and dispensed from holders.
||Sailors and Marine Oilers
- Tie barges together into tow units for tugboats to handle, inspecting barges periodically during voyages and disconnecting them when destinations are reached.
- Read pressure and temperature gauges or displays and record data in engineering logs.
- Monitor control panels during pumping operations to ensure that materials are being pumped at the correct pressure, density, rate, and concentration.
||Airline Pilots, Copilots, and Flight Engineers
- Monitor gauges, warning devices, and control panels to verify aircraft performance and to regulate engine speed.
See all 17 related occupations >>