- Install, program, or repair programmable controllers, robot controllers, end-of-arm tools, or conveyors.
- Modify computer-controlled robot movements.
- Evaluate the efficiency and reliability of industrial robotic systems, reprogramming or calibrating to achieve maximum quantity and quality.
- Test performance of robotic assemblies, using instruments such as oscilloscopes, electronic voltmeters, or bridges.
- Assist engineers in the design, configuration, or application of robotic systems.
- Program complex robotic systems, such as vision systems.
- Develop robotic path motions to maximize efficiency, safety, and quality.
- Train robots, using artificial intelligence software or interactive training techniques, to perform simple or complex tasks, such as designing and carrying out a series of iterative tests of chemical samples.
- Debug robotics programs.
- Build, configure, or test robots or robotic applications.
- Design robotic systems, such as automatic vehicle control, autonomous vehicles, advanced displays, advanced sensing, robotic platforms, computer vision, or telematics systems.
- Integrate robotics with peripherals, such as welders, controllers, or other equipment.
- Write algorithms or programming code for ad hoc robotic applications.
- Plan mobile robot paths and teach path plans to robots.
- Automate assays on laboratory robotics.
- Implement or test design solutions.
- Apply mechatronic or automated solutions to the transfer of materials, components, or finished goods.
- Design advanced precision equipment for accurate or controlled applications.
- Upgrade the design of existing devices by adding mechatronic elements.
- Design, develop, or implement control circuits or algorithms for electromechanical or pneumatic devices or systems.
- Design mechatronics components for computer-controlled products, such as cameras, video recorders, automobiles, or airplanes.
- Develop or test photonic prototypes or models.
- Design, integrate, or test photonics systems or components.
- Conduct testing to determine functionality or optimization or to establish limits of photonics systems or components.
- Analyze, fabricate, or test fiber-optic links.
||Automotive Engineering Technicians
- Inspect or test parts to determine nature or cause of defects or malfunctions.
- Perform or execute manual or automated tests of automotive system or component performance, efficiency, or durability.
- Participate in research or testing of computerized automotive applications, such as telemetrics, intelligent transportation systems, artificial intelligence, or automatic control.