Related Occupations for Task
19-2012.00 - Physicists
Related occupations for task:
Conduct research pertaining to potential environmental impacts of atomic energy-related industrial development to determine licensing qualifications.
- Identify environmental impacts caused by products, systems, or projects.
- Analyze changes designed to improve the environmental performance of complex systems and avoid unintended negative consequences.
- Perform analyses to determine how human behavior can affect, and be affected by, changes in the environment.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of industrial ecology programs, using statistical analysis and applications.
- Identify or compare the component parts or relationships between the parts of industrial, social, and natural systems.
- Research sources of pollution to determine environmental impact or to develop methods of pollution abatement or control.
- Research environmental effects of land and water use to determine methods of improving environmental conditions or increasing outputs, such as crop yields.
- Conduct applied research on the effects of industrial processes on the protection, restoration, inventory, monitoring, or reintroduction of species to the natural environment.
- Investigate accidents affecting the environment to assess ecological impact.
||Environmental Scientists and Specialists, Including Health
- Analyze data to determine validity, quality, and scientific significance and to interpret correlations between human activities and environmental effects.
- Investigate and report on accidents affecting the environment.
- Research sources of pollution to determine their effects on the environment and to develop theories or methods of pollution abatement or control.
- Conduct research to study the relationships among environmental problems and patterns of economic production and consumption.
- Examine the exhaustibility of natural resources or the long-term costs of environmental rehabilitation.
||Atmospheric and Space Scientists
- Research the impact of industrial projects or pollution on climate, air quality, or weather phenomena.
- Estimate or predict the effects of global warming over time for specific geographic regions.
||Environmental Restoration Planners
- Conduct environmental impact studies to examine the ecological effects of pollutants, disease, human activities, nature, and climate change.
See all 9 related occupations >>