Related Occupations for Task
13-2011.01 - Accountants
Related occupations for task:
Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Inspect account books and accounting systems for efficiency, effectiveness, and use of accepted accounting procedures to record transactions.
- Review data about material assets, net worth, liabilities, capital stock, surplus, income, and expenditures.
- Examine and evaluate financial and information systems, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity.
- Examine records and interview workers to ensure recording of transactions and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Audit payroll and personnel records to determine unemployment insurance premiums, workers' compensation coverage, liabilities, and compliance with tax laws.
- Conduct pre-implementation audits to determine if systems and programs under development will work as planned.
||Tax Examiners and Collectors, and Revenue Agents
- Conduct independent field audits and investigations of income tax returns to verify information or to amend tax liabilities.
- Review selected tax returns to determine the nature and extent of audits to be performed on them.
- Investigate claims of inability to pay taxes by researching court information for the status of liens, mortgages, or financial statements, or by locating assets through third parties.
- Process individual and corporate income tax returns, and sales and excise tax returns.
- Examine accounting systems and records to determine whether accounting methods used were appropriate and in compliance with statutory provisions.
- Review filed tax returns to determine whether claimed tax credits and deductions are allowed by law.
- Analyze credit data and financial statements to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money.
- Review individual or commercial customer files to identify and select delinquent accounts for collection.
- Analyze financial data such as income growth, quality of management, and market share to determine expected profitability of loans.
- Investigate activities of institutions to enforce laws and regulations and to ensure legality of transactions and operations or financial solvency.
- Evaluate data processing applications for institutions under examination to develop recommendations for coordinating existing systems with examination procedures.
- Verify and inspect cash reserves, assigned collateral, and bank-owned securities to check internal control procedures.
- Inform investment decisions by analyzing financial information to forecast business, industry, or economic conditions.
- Interpret data on price, yield, stability, future investment-risk trends, economic influences, and other factors affecting investment programs.
- Conduct financial analyses related to investments in green construction or green retrofitting projects.
See more related occupations >>