Related occupations for task:
Record address changes and redirect mail for those addresses.
||Hotel, Motel, and Resort Desk Clerks
- Keep records of room availability and guests' accounts, manually or using computers.
- Post charges, such as those for rooms, food, liquor, or telephone calls, to ledgers, manually or by using computers.
- Record guest comments or complaints, referring customers to managers as necessary.
- Perform bookkeeping activities, such as balancing accounts and conducting nightly audits.
||Billing and Posting Clerks
- Prepare itemized statements, bills, or invoices and record amounts due for items purchased or services rendered.
- Perform bookkeeping work, including posting data or keeping other records concerning costs of goods or services or the shipment of goods.
- Keep records of invoices and support documents.
- Route statements for mailing or over-the-counter delivery to customers.
||Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks
- Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers.
- Debit, credit, and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software.
- Perform personal bookkeeping services.
- Prepare trial balances of books.
||Postal Service Mail Sorters, Processors, and Processing Machine Operators
- Direct items according to established routing schemes, using computer-controlled keyboards or voice-recognition equipment.
- Bundle, label, and route sorted mail to designated areas, depending on destinations and according to established procedures and deadlines.
||Insurance Claims and Policy Processing Clerks
- Modify, update, or process existing policies and claims to reflect any change in beneficiary, amount of coverage, or type of insurance.
- Organize or work with detailed office or warehouse records, maintaining files for each policyholder, including policies that are to be reinstated or cancelled.
See more related occupations >>