Related occupations for task:
Identify, pack, or transport hazardous or radioactive materials.
||Hazardous Materials Removal Workers
- Remove asbestos or lead from surfaces, using hand or power tools such as scrapers, vacuums, or high-pressure sprayers.
- Prepare hazardous material for removal or storage.
- Comply with prescribed safety procedures or federal laws regulating waste disposal methods.
- Remove or limit contamination following emergencies involving hazardous substances.
- Operate machines or equipment to remove, package, store, or transport loads of waste materials.
- Sort specialized hazardous waste at landfills or disposal centers, following proper disposal procedures.
- Identify or separate waste products or materials for recycling or reuse.
- Upload baskets of irradiated elements onto machines that insert fuel elements into canisters and secure lids.
- Process e-waste, such as computer components containing lead or mercury.
- Organize or track the locations of hazardous items in landfills.
- Package, store, or move irradiated fuel elements in the underwater storage basins of nuclear reactor plants, using machines or equipment.
- Work with or remove hazardous material.