- Attach fence rail supports to posts, using hammers and pliers.
- Nail top and bottom rails to fence posts, or insert them in slots on posts.
- Stretch wire, wire mesh, or chain link fencing between posts, and attach fencing to frames.
- Complete top fence rails of metal fences by connecting tube sections, using metal sleeves.
- Insert metal tubing through rail supports.
- Nail pointed slats to rails to construct picket fences.
||Structural Iron and Steel Workers
- Connect columns, beams, and girders with bolts, following blueprints and instructions from supervisors.
- Bolt aligned structural steel members in position for permanent riveting, bolting, or welding into place.
- Erect metal or precast concrete components for structures, such as buildings, bridges, dams, towers, storage tanks, fences, or highway guard rails.
- Force structural steel members into final positions, using turnbuckles, crowbars, jacks, or hand tools.
- Drive drift pins through rivet holes to align rivet holes in structural steel members with corresponding holes in previously placed members.
||Drywall and Ceiling Tile Installers
- Cut and screw together metal channels to make floor or ceiling frames, according to plans for the location of rooms or hallways.
- Install horizontal and vertical metal or wooden studs to frames so that wallboard can be attached to interior walls.
- Fasten metal or rockboard lath to the structural framework of walls, ceilings, or partitions of buildings, using nails, screws, staples, or wire-ties.
- Install metal lath where plaster applications will be exposed to weather or water, or for curved or irregular surfaces.
- Install structures or fixtures, such as windows, frames, floorings, trim, or hardware, using carpenters' hand or power tools.
- Build or repair cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, or other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, carpenter's hand tools, or power tools.
- Examine structural timbers and supports to detect decay, and replace timbers as required, using hand tools, nuts, and bolts.
||Elevator and Escalator Installers and Repairers
- Bolt or weld steel rails to the walls of shafts to guide elevators, working from scaffolding or platforms.
- Install outer doors and door frames at elevator entrances on each floor of a structure.