Related Occupations for Task
47-2151.00 - Pipelayers
Related occupations for task:
Lay out pipe routes, following written instructions or blueprints and coordinating layouts with supervisors.
- Locate and mark reference points for columns or plates on boiler foundations, following blueprints and using straightedges, squares, transits, or measuring instruments.
- Lay out plate, sheet steel, or other heavy metal and locate and mark bending and cutting lines, using protractors, compasses, and drawing instruments or templates.
- Perform tie spacing layout and measure, mark, drill or cut.
- Hold plumb bobs, sighting rods, or other equipment to aid in establishing reference points and lines.
||First-Line Supervisors of Construction Trades and Extraction Workers
- Locate, measure, and mark site locations or placement of structures or equipment, using measuring and marking equipment.
- Confer with managerial or technical personnel, other departments, or contractors to resolve problems or to coordinate activities.
||Drywall and Ceiling Tile Installers
- Measure and mark surfaces to lay out work, according to blueprints or drawings, using tape measures, straightedges or squares, and marking devices.
- Hang dry lines to wall moldings to guide positioning of main runners.
- Lay out wall patterns or foundations, using straight edge, rule, or staked lines.
See more related occupations >>