Related occupations for task:
Assemble, install, repair, and maintain elevators, escalators, moving sidewalks, and dumbwaiters, using hand and power tools, and testing devices such as test lamps, ammeters, and voltmeters.
||Explosives Workers, Ordnance Handling Experts, and Blasters
- Assemble and position equipment, explosives, and blasting caps in holes at specified depths, or load perforating guns or torpedoes with explosives.
- Insert waterproof sealers, bullets, and/or powder charges into guns, and screw gun ports back into place.
- Insert powder charges into chambers of sidewall sample-taking cylinders, and assemble cylinders, using special wrenches.
||Rail-Track Laying and Maintenance Equipment Operators
- Repair or adjust track switches, using wrenches and replacement parts.
- Dress and reshape worn or damaged railroad switch points or frogs, using portable power grinders.
||Roustabouts, Oil and Gas
- Bolt together pump and engine parts.
- Dismantle and repair oil field machinery, boilers, and steam engine parts, using hand tools and power tools.
- Repair or replace defective pressure vessel parts, such as safety valves or regulators, using torches, jacks, caulking hammers, power saws, threading dies, welding equipment, or metalworking machinery.
- Assemble large vessels in an on-site fabrication shop prior to installation to ensure proper fit.
||Sheet Metal Workers
- Fasten seams or joints together with welds, bolts, cement, rivets, solder, caulks, metal drive clips, or bonds to assemble components into products or to repair sheet metal items.
- Construct components for high-performance wind turbine systems.
See all 18 related occupations >>