- Strip insulation from wire ends, using wire stripping pliers, and attach wires to terminals for subsequent soldering.
- Drill holes and pull or push wiring through openings, using hand and power tools.
- Install copper-clad ground rods, using a manual post driver.
- Thread conduit ends, connect couplings, and fabricate and secure conduit support brackets, using hand tools.
- Erect electrical system components and barricades, and rig scaffolds, hoists, and shoring.
- Perform semi-skilled and unskilled laboring duties related to the installation, maintenance and repair of a wide variety of electrical systems and equipment.
- String transmission lines or cables through ducts or conduits, under the ground, through equipment, or to towers.
- Solder electrical connections, using soldering iron.
- Bolt component parts together to form tower assemblies, using hand tools.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Place conduit, pipes, or tubing, inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
- Assemble, install, test, or maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, or fixtures, using hand tools or power tools.
- Fasten small metal or plastic boxes to walls to house electrical switches or outlets.
||Telecommunications Equipment Installers and Repairers, Except Line Installers
- Assemble and install communication equipment such as data and telephone communication lines, wiring, switching equipment, wiring frames, power apparatus, computer systems, and networks.
- Install telephone station equipment, such as intercommunication systems, transmitters, receivers, relays, and ringers, and related apparatus, such as coin collectors, telephone booths, and switching-key equipment.
- Place intercept circuits on terminals to handle vacant lines in central office installations.
||Radio, Cellular, and Tower Equipment Installers and Repairers
- Install all necessary transmission equipment components, including antennas or antenna mounts, surge arrestors, transmission lines, connectors, or tower-mounted amplifiers (TMAs).
- Install or repair tower lighting components, including strobes, beacons, or lighting controllers.
||Electrical and Electronics Installers and Repairers, Transportation Equipment
- Install fixtures, outlets, terminal boards, switches, and wall boxes, using hand tools.
- Install new fuses, electrical cables, or power sources as required.