- Strip insulation from wire ends, using wire stripping pliers, and attach wires to terminals for subsequent soldering.
- Install copper-clad ground rods, using a manual post driver.
- Thread conduit ends, connect couplings, and fabricate and secure conduit support brackets, using hand tools.
- Erect electrical system components and barricades, and rig scaffolds, hoists, and shoring.
- Perform semi-skilled and unskilled laboring duties related to the installation, maintenance and repair of a wide variety of electrical systems and equipment.
- Solder electrical connections, using soldering iron.
- Bolt component parts together to form tower assemblies, using hand tools.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
- Assemble, install, test, or maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, or fixtures, using hand tools or power tools.
- Fasten small metal or plastic boxes to walls to house electrical switches or outlets.
||Explosives Workers, Ordnance Handling Experts, and Blasters
- Assemble and position equipment, explosives, and blasting caps in holes at specified depths, or load perforating guns or torpedoes with explosives.
- Insert waterproof sealers, bullets, and/or powder charges into guns, and screw gun ports back into place.
- Insert powder charges into chambers of sidewall sample-taking cylinders, and assemble cylinders, using special wrenches.
||Telecommunications Equipment Installers and Repairers, Except Line Installers
- Assemble and install communication equipment such as data and telephone communication lines, wiring, switching equipment, wiring frames, power apparatus, computer systems, and networks.
- Install telephone station equipment, such as intercommunication systems, transmitters, receivers, relays, and ringers, and related apparatus, such as coin collectors, telephone booths, and switching-key equipment.
- Place intercept circuits on terminals to handle vacant lines in central office installations.
- Install electrical and electronic components, assemblies, and systems in aircraft, using hand tools, power tools, or soldering irons.
- Connect components to assemblies such as radio systems, instruments, magnetos, inverters, and in-flight refueling systems, using hand tools and soldering irons.