Related occupations for task:
Cut damaged sections of pipe with cutters, remove broken sections from ditches, and replace pipe sections, using pipe sleeves.
||Helpers--Pipelayers, Plumbers, Pipefitters, and Steamfitters
- Measure, cut, thread and assemble new pipe, placing the assembled pipe in hangers or other supports.
- Perform rough-ins, repair and replace fixtures and water heaters, and locate, repair, or remove leaking or broken pipes.
- Cut pipe and lift up to fitters.
- Disassemble and remove damaged or worn pipe.
- Clean and renew steam traps.
||Plumbers, Pipefitters, and Steamfitters
- Cut, thread, or hammer pipes to specifications, using tools such as saws, cutting torches, pipe threaders, or pipe benders.
- Modify, clean, or maintain pipe systems, units, fittings, or related machines or equipment, using hand or power tools.
- Shut off steam, water, or other gases or liquids from pipe sections, using valve keys or wrenches.
- Maintain or repair plumbing by replacing defective washers, replacing or mending broken pipes, or opening clogged drains.
||Tile and Stone Setters
- Remove and replace cracked or damaged tile.
- Remove any old tile, grout and adhesive using chisels and scrapers and clean the surface carefully.
- Measure and cut metal lath to size for walls and ceilings, using tin snips.
||Drywall and Ceiling Tile Installers
- Cut metal or wood framing and trim to size, using cutting tools.
- Cut and screw together metal channels to make floor or ceiling frames, according to plans for the location of rooms or hallways.
- Remove existing plaster, drywall, or paneling, using crowbars and hammers.
- Cut and remove broken glass prior to installing replacement glass.
- Cut and attach mounting strips, metal or wood moldings, rubber gaskets, or metal clips to surfaces in preparation for mirror installation.
See more related occupations >>