||Electric Motor, Power Tool, and Related Repairers
- Scrape and clean units or parts, using cleaning solvents and equipment such as buffing wheels.
- Steam-clean polishing and buffing wheels to remove abrasives and bonding materials, and spray, brush, or recoat surfaces as necessary.
- Clean cells, cell assemblies, glassware, leads, electrical connections, and battery poles, using scrapers, steam, water, emery cloths, power grinders, or acid.
- Clean, rinse, and dry transformer cases, using boiling water, scrapers, solvents, hoses, and cloths.
||Mobile Heavy Equipment Mechanics, Except Engines
- Adjust, maintain, and repair or replace subassemblies, such as transmissions and crawler heads, using hand tools, jacks, and cranes.
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
- Clean parts by spraying them with grease solvent or immersing them in tanks of solvent.
- Adjust and maintain industrial machinery, using control and regulating devices.
||Aircraft Mechanics and Service Technicians
- Service and maintain aircraft and related apparatus by performing activities such as flushing crankcases, cleaning screens, and or moving parts.
- Clean, refuel, and change oil in line service aircraft.
- Clean, strip, prime, and sand structural surfaces and materials to prepare them for bonding.
- Clean engines, sediment bulk and screens, and carburetors, adjusting carburetor float levels.
||Tire Repairers and Changers
- Identify tire size and ply and inflate tires accordingly.
- Assist mechanics and perform various mechanical duties, such as changing oil or checking and replacing batteries.
- Clean sides of whitewall tires.
||Maintenance and Repair Workers, General
- Maintain or repair specialized equipment or machinery located in cafeterias, laundries, hospitals, stores, offices, or factories.
- Clean or lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, or other parts of machinery.
- Perform routine maintenance on boilers, such as replacing burners or hoses, installing replacement parts, or reinforcing structural weaknesses to ensure optimal boiler efficiency.