Related occupations for task:
Test and repair circuits and sensors, following wiring and system specifications.
||Electrical and Electronics Installers and Repairers, Transportation Equipment
- Reassemble and test equipment after repairs.
- Adjust, repair, or replace defective wiring and relays in ignition, lighting, air-conditioning, and safety control systems, using electrician's tools.
- Locate and remove or repair circuit defects such as blown fuses or malfunctioning transistors.
||Signal and Track Switch Repairers
- Inspect and test operation, mechanical parts, and circuitry of gate crossings, signals, and signal equipment such as interlocks and hotbox detectors.
- Tighten loose bolts, using wrenches, and test circuits and connections by opening and closing gates.
- Inspect electrical units of railroad grade crossing gates and repair loose bolts and defective electrical connections and parts.
||Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Powerhouse, Substation, and Relay
- Open and close switches to isolate defective relays, performing adjustments or repairs.
- Test insulators and bushings of equipment by inducing voltage across insulation, testing current, and calculating insulation loss.
||Electric Motor, Power Tool, and Related Repairers
- Test conditions, fluid levels, and specific gravities of electrolyte cells, using voltmeters, hydrometers, and thermometers.
- Test battery charges, and replace or recharge batteries as necessary.
- Repair circuits, wiring, and soldering, using soldering irons and hand tools to install parts and adjust connections.
- Test batteries, using hydrometers and ammeters, and charge batteries as necessary.
See more related occupations >>