Related occupations for task:
Splice cables, using hand tools, epoxy, or mechanical equipment.
||Electrical Power-Line Installers and Repairers
- Install watt-hour meters and connect service drops between power lines and consumers' facilities.
- Splice or solder cables together or to overhead transmission lines, customer service lines, or street light lines, using hand tools, epoxies, or specialized equipment.
- Clean, tin, and splice corresponding conductors by twisting ends together or by joining ends with metal clamps and soldering connections.
||Control and Valve Installers and Repairers, Except Mechanical Door
- Connect regulators to test stands, and turn screw adjustments until gauges indicate that inlet and outlet pressures meet specifications.
- Splice and connect cables from meters or current transformers to pull boxes or switchboards, using hand tools.
- Repair circuits, wiring, and soldering, using soldering irons and hand tools to install parts and adjust connections.
- Insert plugs into receptacles and bolt or screw leads to terminals to connect equipment to power sources, using hand tools.
||Electrical and Electronics Installers and Repairers, Transportation Equipment
- Splice wires with knives or cutting pliers, and solder connections to fixtures, outlets, and equipment.
- Measure, cut, and install frameworks and conduit to support and connect wiring, control panels, and junction boxes, using hand tools.
||Telecommunications Equipment Installers and Repairers, Except Line Installers
- Route and connect cables and lines to switches, switchboard equipment, and distributing frames, using wire-wrap guns or soldering irons to connect wires to terminals.
See all 15 related occupations >>