Related Occupations for Task
51-3011.00 - Bakers
Related occupations for task:
Set oven temperatures and place items into hot ovens for baking.
||Heat Treating Equipment Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Adjust controls to maintain temperatures and heating times, using thermal instruments and charts, dials and gauges of furnaces, and color of stock in furnaces to make setting determinations.
- Reduce heat when processing is complete to allow parts to cool in furnaces or machinery.
||Furnace, Kiln, Oven, Drier, and Kettle Operators and Tenders
- Press and adjust controls to activate, set, and regulate equipment according to specifications.
- Melt or refine metal before casting, calculating required temperatures, and observe metal color, adjusting controls as necessary to maintain required temperatures.
||Molding and Casting Workers
- Set the proper operating temperature for each casting.
- Operate and adjust controls of heating equipment to melt material or to cure, dry, or bake filled molds.
||Extruding and Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Synthetic and Glass Fibers
- Turn rheostats to obtain specified temperatures in electric furnaces where glass is melted.
||Pourers and Casters, Metal
- Read temperature gauges and observe color changes, adjusting furnace flames, torches, or electrical heating units as necessary to melt metal to specifications.
See more related occupations >>