||Extruding and Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Synthetic and Glass Fibers
- Observe machine operations, control boards, and gauges to detect malfunctions such as clogged bushings and defective binder applicators.
- Clean and maintain extruding and forming machines, using hand tools.
- Remove polymer deposits from spinnerettes and equipment, using silicone spray, brass chisels, and bronze-wool pads.
- Remove excess, entangled, or completed filaments from machines, using hand tools.
- Wipe finish rollers with cloths and wash finish trays with water when necessary.
||Petroleum Pump System Operators, Refinery Operators, and Gaugers
- Monitor process indicators, instruments, gauges, and meters to detect and report any possible problems.
- Read automatic gauges at specified intervals to determine the flow rate of oil into or from tanks, and the amount of oil in tanks.
- Maintain and repair equipment, or report malfunctioning equipment to supervisors so that repairs can be scheduled.
- Clean interiors of processing units by circulating chemicals and solvents within units.
||Chemical Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Add treating or neutralizing agents to products, and pump products through filters or centrifuges to remove impurities or to precipitate products.
- Drain equipment, and pump water or other solutions through to flush and clean tanks or equipment.
- Flush or clean equipment, using steam hoses or mechanical reamers.
- Make minor repairs, lubricate, and maintain equipment, using hand tools.
||Stationary Engineers and Boiler Operators
- Observe and interpret readings on gauges, meters, and charts registering various aspects of boiler operation to ensure that boilers are operating properly.
- Check the air quality of ventilation systems and make adjustments to ensure compliance with mandated safety codes.
- Clean and lubricate boilers and auxiliary equipment and make minor adjustments as needed, using hand tools.
- Provide assistance to plumbers in repairing or replacing water, sewer, or waste lines, and in daily maintenance activities.
||Inspectors, Testers, Sorters, Samplers, and Weighers
- Clean, maintain, calibrate, or repair measuring instruments or test equipment, such as dial indicators, fixed gauges, or height gauges.
- Read dials or meters to verify that equipment is functioning at specified levels.
- Adjust, clean, or repair products or processing equipment to correct defects found during inspections.
- Monitor machines that automatically measure, sort, or inspect products.