Related occupations for task:
Melt and apply solder to fill holes, indentations, or seams of fabricated metal products, using soldering equipment.
- Make repairs, such as enlarging or reducing ring sizes, soldering pieces of jewelry together, and replacing broken clasps and mountings.
- Weigh, mix, and melt metal alloys or materials needed for jewelry models.
- Melt and roll out metal into sheets or bars, and stamp out jewelry such as gold and silver chains, using presses or dies.
- Burn grooves or crevices in molds in order to correct defects, using soldering guns.
||Welders, Cutters, and Welder Fitters
- Operate brazing and soldering equipment.
- Melt lead bars, wire, or scrap to add lead to joints or to extrude melted scrap into reusable form.
||Precious Metal Workers
- Solder parts together or fill holes and cracks with metal solder, using gas torches.
- Position and align auxiliary parts in jigs and join parts, using solder and blowtorches.
||Dental Laboratory Technicians
- Melt metals or mix plaster, porcelain, or acrylic pastes and pour materials into molds or over frameworks to form dental prostheses or apparatus.
- Shape and solder wire and metal frames or bands for dental products, using soldering irons and hand tools.
||Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Dress electrodes, using tip dressers, files, emery cloths, or dressing wheels.
See all 15 related occupations >>