Related occupations for task:
Dip workpieces into molten solder or place solder strips between seams and heat seams with irons to bond items together.
||Plating and Coating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Immerse workpieces in coating solutions or liquid metal or plastic for specified times.
- Immerse objects to be coated or plated into cleaning solutions, or spray objects with conductive solutions to prepare them for plating.
- Suspend objects, such as parts or molds from cathode rods, or negative terminals, and immerse objects in plating solutions.
- Suspend sticks or pieces of plating metal from anodes, or positive terminals, and immerse metal in plating solutions.
||Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Immerse completed workpieces into water or acid baths to cool and clean components.
- Dress electrodes, using tip dressers, files, emery cloths, or dressing wheels.
- Make repairs, such as enlarging or reducing ring sizes, soldering pieces of jewelry together, and replacing broken clasps and mountings.
- Burn grooves or crevices in molds in order to correct defects, using soldering guns.
||Precious Metal Workers
- Solder parts together or fill holes and cracks with metal solder, using gas torches.
- Position and align auxiliary parts in jigs and join parts, using solder and blowtorches.
||Ophthalmic Laboratory Technicians
- Repair broken parts, using precision hand tools and soldering irons.
- Immerse eyeglass frames in solutions to harden, soften, or dye frames.
See all 19 related occupations >>