Related occupations for task:
Place solder bars into containers and turn knobs to specified positions to melt solder and regulate its temperature.
||Molding and Casting Workers
- Set the proper operating temperature for each casting.
- Operate and adjust controls of heating equipment to melt material or to cure, dry, or bake filled molds.
- Melt metal pieces, using torches, and cast products, such as inlays and crowns, using centrifugal casting machines.
||Heat Treating Equipment Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Adjust controls to maintain temperatures and heating times, using thermal instruments and charts, dials and gauges of furnaces, and color of stock in furnaces to make setting determinations.
- Reduce heat when processing is complete to allow parts to cool in furnaces or machinery.
||Glass Blowers, Molders, Benders, and Finishers
- Set up and adjust machine press stroke lengths and pressures and regulate oven temperatures, according to glass types to be processed.
- Place electrodes in tube ends and heat them with glass burners to fuse them into place.
||Furnace, Kiln, Oven, Drier, and Kettle Operators and Tenders
- Press and adjust controls to activate, set, and regulate equipment according to specifications.
- Melt or refine metal before casting, calculating required temperatures, and observe metal color, adjusting controls as necessary to maintain required temperatures.
- Weigh, mix, and melt metal alloys or materials needed for jewelry models.
- Melt and roll out metal into sheets or bars, and stamp out jewelry such as gold and silver chains, using presses or dies.
See more related occupations >>