Related occupations for task:
Let out or take in seams in suits and other garments to improve fit.
||Shoe and Leather Workers and Repairers
- Align and stitch or glue materials such as fabric, fleece, leather, or wood, to join parts.
- Dye, soak, polish, paint, stamp, stitch, stain, buff, or engrave leather or other materials to obtain desired effects, decorations, or shapes.
- Re-sew seams, and replace handles and linings of suitcases or handbags.
- Sew, join, reinforce, or finish parts of articles, such as garments, books, mattresses, toys, and wigs, using needles and thread or other materials.
- Use different sewing techniques such as felling, tacking, basting, embroidery, and fagoting.
- Sew buttonholes, or add lace or other trimming.
- Sew rips or tears in material, or create tufting, using needles and thread.
- Operate sewing machines or sew upholstery by hand to seam cushions and join various sections of covering material.
||Print Binding and Finishing Workers
- Stitch or glue endpapers, bindings, backings, or signatures, using sewing machines, glue machines, or glue and brushes.
- Form book bodies by folding and sewing printed sheets to form signatures and assembling signatures in numerical order.
- Prepare pointe shoes, by sewing or other means, for use in rehearsals and performance.
See all 8 related occupations >>