Related occupations for task:
Remove stitches from garments to be altered, using rippers or razor blades.
||Shoe and Leather Workers and Repairers
- Repair or replace soles, heels, and other parts of footwear, using sewing, buffing and other shoe repair machines, materials, and equipment.
- Repair and recondition leather products such as trunks, luggage, shoes, saddles, belts, purses, and baseball gloves.
- Stretch shoes, dampening parts and inserting and twisting parts, using an adjustable stretcher.
- Re-sew seams, and replace handles and linings of suitcases or handbags.
||Sewing Machine Operators
- Repair or alter items by adding replacement parts or missing stitches.
- Tape or twist together thread or cord to repair breaks.
- Sew rips or tears in material, or create tufting, using needles and thread.
- Prepare pointe shoes, by sewing or other means, for use in rehearsals and performance.
||Laundry and Dry-Cleaning Workers
- Mend and sew articles, using hand stitching, adhesive patches, or sewing machines.