Related occupations for task:
Position patterns of garment parts on fabric, and cut fabric along outlines, using scissors.
||Shoe and Leather Workers and Repairers
- Cut out parts, following patterns or outlines, using knives, shears, scissors, or machine presses.
- Cut, insert, position, and secure paddings, cushioning, or linings, using stitches or glue.
- Draw patterns, using measurements, designs, plaster casts, or customer specifications, and position or outline patterns on work pieces.
||Sewing Machine Operators
- Cut materials according to specifications, using blades, scissors, or electric knives.
- Position and mark patterns on materials to prepare for sewing.
||Painting, Coating, and Decorating Workers
- Cut out sections in surfaces of materials to be inlaid with decorative pieces, using patterns and knives or scissors.
- Position and glue decorative pieces in cutout sections of workpieces, following patterns.
||Fabric and Apparel Patternmakers
- Position and cut out master or sample patterns, using scissors and knives, or print out copies of patterns, using computers.
- Trace outlines of specified patterns onto material, and cut fabric using scissors.
||Etchers and Engravers
- Select and insert required templates into pattern frames beneath the stylus of a machine cutting tool or router.
See all 13 related occupations >>