Related occupations for task:
Trace outlines of specified patterns onto material, and cut fabric using scissors.
||Sewing Machine Operators
- Cut materials according to specifications, using blades, scissors, or electric knives.
- Draw markings or pin appliques on fabric to obtain variations in design.
- Position and mark patterns on materials to prepare for sewing.
||Shoe and Leather Workers and Repairers
- Cut out parts, following patterns or outlines, using knives, shears, scissors, or machine presses.
- Select materials and patterns, and trace patterns onto materials to be cut out.
- Cut, insert, position, and secure paddings, cushioning, or linings, using stitches or glue.
||Drilling and Boring Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Establish zero reference points on workpieces, such as at the intersections of two edges or over hole locations.
- Lay out reference lines and machining locations on work, using layout tools, and applying knowledge of shop math and layout techniques.
- Operate tracing attachments to duplicate contours from templates or models.
||Layout Workers, Metal and Plastic
- Mark curves, lines, holes, dimensions, and welding symbols onto workpieces, using scribes, soapstones, punches, and hand drills.
- Compute layout dimensions, and determine and mark reference points on metal stock or workpieces for further processing, such as welding and assembly.
||Structural Metal Fabricators and Fitters
- Mark reference points onto floors or face blocks and transpose them to workpieces, using measuring devices, squares, chalk, and soapstone.
- Locate and mark workpiece bending and cutting lines, allowing for stock thickness, machine and welding shrinkage, and other component specifications.
See more related occupations >>