Related occupations for task:
Operate panelboards of saw or conveyor systems to move stock through processes or to cut stock to specified dimensions.
||Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Except Sawing
- Set up, program, operate, or tend computerized or manual woodworking machines, such as drill presses, lathes, shapers, routers, sanders, planers, or wood-nailing machines.
- Start machines, adjust controls, and make trial cuts to ensure that machinery is operating properly.
- Start machines and move levers to engage hydraulic lifts that press woodstocks into desired forms and disengage lifts after appropriate drying times.
- Operate gluing machines to glue pieces of wood together, or to press and affix wood veneer to wood surfaces.
||Cabinetmakers and Bench Carpenters
- Set up or operate machines, including power saws, jointers, mortisers, tenoners, molders, or shapers, to cut, mold, or shape woodstock or wood substitutes.
- Set up, operate, and adjust a variety of woodworking machines such as bandsaws and lathes to cut and shape sections, parts, and patterns, according to specifications.
||Precious Metal Workers
- Secure molded items in chucks of lathes, and activate lathes to finish inner and outer surfaces of items.