||Cutting and Slicing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Set up, operate, or tend machines that cut or slice materials, such as glass, stone, cork, rubber, tobacco, food, paper, or insulating material.
- Press buttons, pull levers, or depress pedals to start and operate cutting and slicing machines.
- Start machines to verify setups, and make any necessary adjustments.
- Adjust machine controls to alter position, alignment, speed, or pressure.
- Tighten pulleys or add abrasives to maintain cutting speeds.
||Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Start machines, monitor their operations, and record operational data.
- Set up, operate, or tend machines to saw, cut, shear, slit, punch, crimp, notch, bend, or straighten metal or plastic material.
- Test and adjust machine speeds or actions, according to product specifications, using gauges and hand tools.
||Cutters and Trimmers, Hand
- Lower table-mounted cutters such as knife blades, cutting wheels, or saws to cut items to specified sizes.
- Route items to provide cutouts for parts, using portable routers, grinders, and hand tools.
- Machine parts to specifications, using machine tools, such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders.
- Set up or operate metalworking, brazing, heat-treating, welding, or cutting equipment.
||Grinding, Lapping, Polishing, and Buffing Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Activate machine start-up switches to grind, lap, hone, debar, shear, or cut workpieces, according to specifications.