||Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Set stops on machine beds, change dies, and adjust components, such as rams or power presses, when making multiple or successive passes.
- Install, align, and lock specified punches, dies, cutting blades, or other fixtures in rams or beds of machines, using gauges, templates, feelers, shims, and hand tools.
- Position guides, stops, holding blocks, or other fixtures to secure and direct workpieces, using hand tools and measuring devices.
- Select, clean, and install spacers, rubber sleeves, or cutters on arbors.
||Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Install dies onto machines or presses and coat dies with parting agents, according to work order specifications.
- Obtain and move specified patterns to work stations, manually or using hoists, and secure patterns to machines, using wrenches.
- Select and install blades, tools, or other attachments for each operation.
- Adjust equipment and workpiece holding fixtures, such as mold frames, tubs, and cutting tables, to ensure proper functioning.
||Grinding, Lapping, Polishing, and Buffing Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Mount and position tools in machine chucks, spindles, or other tool holding devices, using hand tools.
- Adjust air cylinders and setting stops to set traverse lengths and feed arm strokes.
- Slide spacers between buffs on spindles to set spacing.
||Cutting and Slicing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Select and install machine components, such as cutting blades, rollers, and templates, according to specifications, using hand tools.
- Change or replace saw blades, cables, cutter heads, and grinding wheels, using hand tools.
- Position width gauge blocks between blades, and level blades and insert wedges into frames to secure blades to frames.
||Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Install attachments to machines for gluing, folding, printing, or cutting.
- Adjust guide assemblies, forming bars, and folding mechanisms according to specifications, using hand tools.
- Measure, space, and set saw blades, cutters, and perforators, according to product specifications.