Related occupations for task:
Control, monitor, or operate equipment that regulates or distributes electricity or steam, using data obtained from instruments or computers.
||Power Plant Operators
- Adjust controls to generate specified electrical power or to regulate the flow of power between generating stations and substations.
- Control or maintain auxiliary equipment, such as pumps, fans, compressors, condensers, feedwater heaters, filters, or chlorinators, to supply water, fuel, lubricants, air, or auxiliary power.
||Stationary Engineers and Boiler Operators
- Adjust controls and/or valves on equipment to provide power, and to regulate and set operations of system or industrial processes.
- Switch from automatic to manual controls and isolate equipment mechanically and electrically to allow for safe inspection and repair work.
||Nuclear Power Reactor Operators
- Adjust controls to position rod and to regulate flux level, reactor period, coolant temperature, or rate of power flow, following standard procedures.
||Petroleum Pump System Operators, Refinery Operators, and Gaugers
- Operate control panels to coordinate and regulate process variables such as temperature and pressure, and to direct product flow rate, according to process schedules.