Related occupations for task:
Monitor and record switchboard or control board readings to ensure that electrical or steam distribution equipment is operating properly.
||Stationary Engineers and Boiler Operators
- Observe and interpret readings on gauges, meters, and charts registering various aspects of boiler operation to ensure that boilers are operating properly.
- Maintain daily logs of operation, maintenance, and safety activities, including test results, instrument readings, and details of equipment malfunctions and maintenance work.
- Check the air quality of ventilation systems and make adjustments to ensure compliance with mandated safety codes.
- Weigh, measure, and record fuel used.
||Inspectors, Testers, Sorters, Samplers, and Weighers
- Write test or inspection reports describing results, recommendations, or needed repairs.
- Read dials or meters to verify that equipment is functioning at specified levels.
- Record inspection or test data, such as weights, temperatures, grades, or moisture content, and quantities inspected or graded.
- Monitor machines that automatically measure, sort, or inspect products.
||Petroleum Pump System Operators, Refinery Operators, and Gaugers
- Monitor process indicators, instruments, gauges, and meters to detect and report any possible problems.
- Read automatic gauges at specified intervals to determine the flow rate of oil into or from tanks, and the amount of oil in tanks.
- Record and compile operating data, instrument readings, documentation, and results of laboratory analyses.
||Gas Compressor and Gas Pumping Station Operators
- Record instrument readings and operational changes in operating logs.
- Submit daily reports on facility operations.
- Read gas meters, and maintain records of the amounts of gas received and dispensed from holders.
||Nuclear Power Reactor Operators
- Monitor all systems for normal running conditions, performing activities such as checking gauges to assess output or the effects of generator loading on other equipment.
- Monitor or operate boilers, turbines, wells, or auxiliary power plant equipment.
- Record operating data, such as the results of surveillance tests.
See more related occupations >>