Related Occupations for Task
13-2011.02 - Auditors
Related occupations for task:
Collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, extravagance, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies.
- Perform medicolegal examinations and autopsies, conducting preliminary examinations of the body to identify victims, locate signs of trauma, and identify factors that would indicate time of death.
- Inquire into the cause, manner, and circumstances of human deaths and establish the identities of deceased persons.
- Observe and record the positions and conditions of bodies and related evidence.
- Observe, record, and preserve any objects or personal property related to deaths, including objects such as medication containers and suicide notes.
- Collect and document any pertinent medical history information.
- Collect wills, burial instructions, and other documentation needed for investigations and for handling of the remains.
||Fraud Examiners, Investigators and Analysts
- Review reports of suspected fraud to determine need for further investigation.
- Conduct in-depth investigations of suspicious financial activity, such as suspected money-laundering efforts.
- Lead, or participate in, fraud investigation teams.
- Prepare evidence for presentation in court.
- Coordinate investigative efforts with law enforcement officers and attorneys.
- Conduct field surveillance to gather case-related information.
||Government Property Inspectors and Investigators
- Investigate alleged license or permit violations.
- Collect, identify, evaluate, or preserve case evidence.
- Investigate applications for special licenses or permits.
||Environmental Compliance Inspectors
- Determine the nature of code violations and actions to be taken, and issue written notices of violation; participate in enforcement hearings as necessary.
- Monitor follow-up actions in cases where violations were found, and review compliance monitoring reports.
- Investigate complaints and suspected violations regarding illegal dumping, pollution, pesticides, product quality, or labeling laws.
||Insurance Adjusters, Examiners, and Investigators
- Analyze information gathered by investigation and report findings and recommendations.
- Collect evidence to support contested claims in court.
See all 13 related occupations >>