||Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Except Sawing
- Adjust machine tables or cutting devices and set controls on machines to produce specified cuts or operations.
- Install and adjust blades, cutterheads, boring-bits, or sanding-belts, using hand tools and rules.
- Change alignment and adjustment of sanding, cutting, or boring machine guides to prevent defects in finished products, using hand tools.
- Unclamp workpieces and remove them from machines.
||Etchers and Engravers
- Adjust depths and sizes of cuts by adjusting heights of worktables, or by adjusting machine-arm gauges.
- Set reduction scales to attain specified sizes of reproduction on workpieces, and set pantograph controls for required heights, depths, and widths of cuts.
- Remove completed workpieces and place them in trays.
- Observe actions of cutting tools through microscopes and adjust stylus movement to ensure accurate reproduction.
||Milling and Planing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Remove workpieces from machines, and check to ensure that they conform to specifications, using measuring instruments such as microscopes, gauges, calipers, and micrometers.
- Select cutting speeds, feed rates, and depths of cuts, applying knowledge of metal properties and shop mathematics.
- Move controls to set cutting specifications, to position cutting tools and workpieces in relation to each other, and to start machines.
- Load and unload items from machines, conveyors, and conveyances.
- Remove products, machine attachments, or waste material from machines.
- Unclamp and hoist full reels from braiding, winding, or other fabricating machines, using power hoists.
||Sawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Wood
- Adjust saw blades, using wrenches and rulers, or by turning handwheels or pressing pedals, levers, or panel buttons.
- Set up, operate, or tend saws or machines that cut or trim wood to specified dimensions, such as circular saws, band saws, multiple-blade sawing machines, scroll saws, ripsaws, or crozer machines.
- Unclamp and remove finished workpieces from tables.