||Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Start machines, monitor their operations, and record operational data.
- Set up, operate, or tend machines to saw, cut, shear, slit, punch, crimp, notch, bend, or straighten metal or plastic material.
- Test and adjust machine speeds or actions, according to product specifications, using gauges and hand tools.
- Machine parts to specifications, using machine tools, such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders.
- Operate equipment to verify operational efficiency.
- Set up or operate metalworking, brazing, heat-treating, welding, or cutting equipment.
||Forging Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Set up, operate, or tend presses and forging machines to perform hot or cold forging by flattening, straightening, bending, cutting, piercing, or other operations to taper, shape, or form metal.
- Start machines to produce sample workpieces, and observe operations to detect machine malfunctions and to verify that machine setups conform to specifications.
||Lathe and Turning Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Start lathe or turning machines and observe operations to ensure that specifications are met.
- Crank machines through cycles, stopping to adjust tool positions and machine controls to ensure specified timing, clearances, and tolerances.
||Cutters and Trimmers, Hand
- Route items to provide cutouts for parts, using portable routers, grinders, and hand tools.
- Lower table-mounted cutters such as knife blades, cutting wheels, or saws to cut items to specified sizes.