Related occupations for task:
Remove defects, such as chips, burrs, or lap corroded or pitted surfaces.
||Painters, Transportation Equipment
- Fill small dents or scratches with body fillers and smooth surfaces to prepare vehicles for painting.
- Sand vehicle surfaces between coats of paint or primer to remove flaws and enhance adhesion for subsequent coats.
- Smooth soldered joints and rough spots, using hand files and emery paper, and polish smoothed areas with polishing wheels or buffing wire.
- Cut, shape, and smooth gemstones, pearls, and metal pieces, using abrasives, grinding stones, and power and hand tools.
||Tool and Die Makers
- File, grind, shim, and adjust different parts to properly fit them together.
- Smooth and polish flat and contoured surfaces of parts or tools, using scrapers, abrasive stones, files, emery cloths, or power grinders.
||Structural Metal Fabricators and Fitters
- Remove high spots and cut bevels, using hand files, portable grinders, and cutting torches.
- Smooth workpiece edges and fix taps, tubes, and valves.
||Grinding and Polishing Workers, Hand
- Grind, sand, clean, or polish objects or parts to correct defects or to prepare surfaces for further finishing, using hand tools and power tools.
See all 17 related occupations >>