Related occupations for task:
Examine finished surfaces of workpieces to verify conformance to specifications and retouch any defective areas.
||Coating, Painting, and Spraying Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Start and stop operation of machines, using levers or buttons.
- Determine paint flow, viscosity, and coating quality by performing visual inspections, or by using viscometers.
- Turn dials, handwheels, valves, or switches to regulate conveyor speeds, machine temperature, air pressure and circulation, and the flow or spray of coatings or paints.
- Set up and operate machines to paint or coat products with such materials as silver and copper solution, rubber, paint, glaze, oil, or rustproofing materials.
- Operate auxiliary machines or equipment used in coating or painting processes.
||Plating and Coating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Inspect coated or plated areas for defects, such as air bubbles or uneven coverage.
- Set up, operate, or tend plating or coating machines to coat metal or plastic products with chromium, zinc, copper, cadmium, nickel, or other metal to protect or decorate surfaces.
- Observe gauges to ensure that machines are operating properly, making adjustments or stopping machines when problems occur.
- Adjust controls to set temperatures of coating substances and speeds of machines and equipment.
||Etchers and Engravers
- Inspect etched work for depth of etching, uniformity, and defects, using calibrated microscopes, gauges, fingers, or magnifying lenses.
- Examine engraving for quality of cut, burrs, rough spots, and irregular or incomplete engraving.
||Stone Cutters and Carvers, Manufacturing
- Move fingers over surfaces of carvings to ensure smoothness of finish.
||Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers
- Paint structures as specified, using paint sprayers.
See all 9 related occupations >>