Related occupations for task:
Set, adjust, and readjust computerized or mechanical equipment controls to regulate power level, temperature, vacuum, and rotation speed of furnace, according to crystal growing specifications.
- Set up or operate assembly or processing equipment, such as lasers, cameras, die bonders, wire bonders, dispensers, reflow ovens, soldering irons, die shears, wire pull testers, temperature or humidity chambers, or optical spectrum analyzers.
- Assemble fiber optical, optoelectronic, or free-space optics components, subcomponents, assemblies, or subassemblies.
- Assemble or adjust parts or related electrical units of prototypes to prepare for testing.
- Assemble components of energy-efficient optical communications systems involving photonic switches, optical backplanes, or optoelectronic interfaces.
- Build photonics tools to be applied to electrical grids to detect hot spots, such as failing insulators or conductors.
- Assemble devices or equipment to be used in green technology applications, including solar energy, high efficiency solid state lighting, energy management, smart buildings, or green processes.
||Heat Treating Equipment Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Adjust controls to maintain temperatures and heating times, using thermal instruments and charts, dials and gauges of furnaces, and color of stock in furnaces to make setting determinations.
- Reduce heat when processing is complete to allow parts to cool in furnaces or machinery.
||Coating, Painting, and Spraying Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Turn dials, handwheels, valves, or switches to regulate conveyor speeds, machine temperature, air pressure and circulation, and the flow or spray of coatings or paints.
- Adjust controls on infrared ovens, heat lamps, portable ventilators, or exhaust units to speed the drying of surfaces between coats.
||Metal-Refining Furnace Operators and Tenders
- Regulate supplies of fuel and air, or control flow of electric current and water coolant to heat furnaces and adjust temperatures.
- Observe air and temperature gauges or metal color and fluidity, and turn fuel valves or adjust controls to maintain required temperatures.
- Set oven temperatures and place items into hot ovens for baking.
- Observe color of products being baked and adjust oven temperatures, humidity, or conveyor speeds accordingly.
See more related occupations >>